Monday, February 5, 2007

School Days

Yes, that old song "school days, school days, here the golden rule days" are in my head as I sit here during my 6th grade boys study hall. It is one of my boys last days. Boys handling emotions are weird enough, let alone throw in 8 boys at around the age of 12. They just don't know what to do, so now they are playing football with small pieces of paper. (No, not usual for one of my study halls, but just for the last 10 minutes of Balasz' last day here I don't mind). Crazy.
Things in Hungary are going well. Oliver is still very busy coaching the high school varsity basketball team. We are still getting into routine back here in Hungary with school and adjusting to being married. But we love it and are so happy. I am just getting my schedule down, with having a student teacher from the states this year, to doing a Bible study with 10th grade girls, to meeting with one student on Thursdays to talk about 'life'. This week is Spiritual Emphasis week, where we take one class period and have a "chapel" to focus on the Jesus Development within the students. Pray. You never know what will happen with middle school students :)
We miss you all dearly and appreciate all your prayers.

No comments: